BEIS released the latest (provisional) energy efficiency national statistics on 20 April 2017.
The statistics cover the measures installed under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) and the Green Deal in Great Britain.
Additional useful information such as ECO delivery costs, and estimates of energy and carbon savings, is also included. A full size version of the graph above, which shows ECO measures installed by obligation, by month, up to the end of February 2017, is in BEIS’ release.
Headline findings include:
- Around 2.2 million measures were installed in around 1.7 million properties through ECO and under the Green Deal Framework to the end of January 2017
- 96% of those measures were delivered through the ECO
- 14,030 households had Green Deal Plans at the end of February 2017; the same number as those in progress at the end of January 2017
- Of all notified ECO measures installed, 35% were for cavity wall insulation, 24% were for loft insulation, and 23% were for boiler upgrades. There were around 141,000 solid wall insulations which accounted for 7% of all measures
- On average, around 6% of all households in Great Britain had a measure installed under ECO funding up to the end of December 2016